About this work
The work is part of a series of drawings called “Shéma representing me“. Here the artists represents himself as, for instance the ideal fiancé, sitting next to his girlfriend. He tries to pick up the pieces that the accident shattered around him. Through art everything can be assembled, gathered and ordered: the drawing forms the framework of a “perfect” existence. Dominique Théâte has created a plan, a diagram, a simplified and functional representation of an object, movement or process. A simple, functional schema. An equation to say, “I live”. (text after Christian Berst).
- MediumAcrylic spray and paint on canvas
- Dimensions29,7 cm (h) x 29,7 cm (l)
- EditionOeuvre unique
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
With a body dislocated by a fragmented existence, Dominique Théâte’s drawings represent a delicate balance between dreams and reality. His work is filled with symbols of financial and social success in a hyperbolic perfection.