About this work
Els Opsomer strives to create intimate significations, attempting to grasp feelings of personal integrity within anonymous urban environments. Pictures operate as a notepad: a diary of images where lines zigzag and disappear, colors blossom and fade, life leaves its traces. Both the series “Blossom” and “Tattoos” stem from the artist’s “Archive Building” and are part of so-called “survival strategies” or “bad mood repairing kits”. These are intended as personal kits for survival, to protect one’s personal integrity as a human being in a highly industrialised present. Trivial but beautiful artefacts, like a blossoming flower or a tattoo, act as soothing, healing alternatives to the haste and brutality of daily life in contemporary urban life.
- MediumGenuine silver print
- Dimensions40 cm (H) x 55 cm (W)
- EditionUnique Edition (1/1)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
Els Opsomer’s work is a reflection on how individuals deal with the complexity of life in an industrialized environment. Meaning is not centered on the image itself, but rather the transitory impressions and personal memories it reveals.