Selfportrait as a Vessel
About this work
In the series of paintings entitled “Self-portraits” presented by the artist, the subject is a human / animal body made of flesh, bodily moods, organs and smells that are also transferred through the use of casein that the artist uses as a binding agent.
All of the artist’s artistic research is based on self-perception. It is through this process of regeneration that the artist tries to free the body (man, animal) from everything that the history of art has traditionally said about it.
1 in stock
- MediumOil, distemper and chalk on canvas
- Dimensions120 (H) x 120 (W) cm
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
Marta Dal Sasso
The body is the magnet and the rest revolves around it. The artistic research of Marta Dal Sasso is based on the self-perception of her own (painting) body and its exchanges to the surrounding world.