About this work
Drawing part of the Pygmalien series which questions the microcosm of the living model workshop. In the workshop, the living model resides at its center and is more than an exercise in drawing. He opens the parenthesis of the simulacrum, the phantasm, the intimate and the staging. The artist wanted to tell a story around this unique place, in principle reserved for artists and which reveals some links with Ovid’s Myth of Pygmalion.
1 in stock
- Medium“Blockx” watercolor, “Faber-Castell” colored pencils, “Coats” charcoal, “Faber-Castell” graphite on “Fabriano” drawing paper 220g / m² white satin grain, Protection: HC10 “Sennelier” fixative
- Dimensions57 cm (h) x 57 cm (w) inclusive frame
- Framedframed under UV protected glass
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
“Drawing is a place which retraces encounters, past memories and present gestures”. Laurent Dumortier’s artistic work comes to life around the figurative drawing where memories of a place mingle with the gestures of the present.