About this work
Robert Suermondt departs from an existing image: a print on a cardboard, remains of a tape, traces of color on a piece of paper, a photograph in a newspaper or a framed part of a previous canvas. Using collage or painting techniques, Robert’s artistic approach consists of creating another that presents itself as a new unity, though paradoxical and ambiguous, as when our eye finds a “grasp” the final object is always eluding and takes a different meaning.
- MediumVarnish and watercolor on board
- Dimensions20 cm (H) x 30 cm (W)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
As divided subjects that we are, the call for images offers a promise of unity. The work of Robert Suermondt challenges this identification by inserting in that move a gap in terms of what stands at first glance as a squared totality.