Après le débat
About this work
Drawing part of the Windows, Shadows, Disavows series, largely produced while he was a resident (2019-2020) at the Private Foundation of the Carrefour des arts in Brussels. His project had started with a simple observation: to look towards the windows of his neighbors, at night, while walking in the deserted streets of his village or in Brussels. This observation revealed several aspects: the position of the “voyeur”, bringing back to the point of view of the narrator; the window, this delimited field or space with its mullions, its panes, its outside and its inside; and the nightlife of the people. In reality, we do not see much except the play of black surfaces, which is why the fantasy and the narration of things perceived or felt are “released” in the surface of the paper.
1 in stock
- Mediumsoft “Coates” charcoal, “Blockx” watercolor, “Amsterdam” acrylic, “Sennelier” India ink and “Faber-Castell” colored pencils. Support: “Arches” drawing paper, fine white grain, 300g / m². Protection: HC10 “Sennelier” fixative
- Dimensions68,4cm (h) x 52,5 cm (w)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
“Drawing is a place which retraces encounters, past memories and present gestures”. Laurent Dumortier’s artistic work comes to life around the figurative drawing where memories of a place mingle with the gestures of the present.