About this work
Artist Simon Van Parys invites you to experience a new world throughout his work. Explosive engines and locomotives with insectoid properties develop and grow here. In his 2D work, the artist shows us his filtered view of his sculptures. His designs are a reinterpretation of the photos of those sculptures, albeit cut up.
The distance means that dynamics and composition remain, comparable to a piece of music made on the basis of his 3D work: the concept fades, the flow, dynamics, power and a touch of extravaganza remains. The photo montages are cut out, mounted on an aluminum support and painted in a layered play of radical cut-outs.
As a viewer we get an injection of a disrupted present projected in an imaginary future.
- MediumPaint, photo, coating on aluminium plate
- Dimensions135 cm (h) x 65 cm (w)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
Simon Van Parys
Simon Van Parys invites you to go on a space journey of discovery of his work. A new world somewhere in the future inhabited by alien machines: art seen through the lens of science fiction.