About this work
Robert Suermondt departs from an existing image: a print on a cardboard, remains of a tape, traces of color on a piece of paper, a spontaneous impression on a packaging of a previous work, an article in a newspaper often with a political undertone… The original image is carefully analyzed, decomposed and then reassembled. Robert’s artistic approach makes us reflect on the ambiguous and paradoxical qualities of our own ‘gaze’ regarding existing situations or images.
- MediumCollage on paper
- Dimensions40 (H) x 40 (L) cm
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
As divided subjects that we are, the call for images offers a promise of unity. The work of Robert Suermondt challenges this identification by inserting in that move a gap in terms of what stands at first glance as a squared totality.