About this work
Dominique‘s work is focused on the purely formal aspects of painting, with surfaces, shapes, color or materials, taking a central place. She thinks of her painting as if through the prism of architecture, as an experience of space; and more abstractly, she conceives of painting as an index of experience. Beauty, imminence and humanism are achieved through highly formal and self-reflexive means.
- MediumAcryl on canvas
- Dimensions41cm (h) x 33 cm (w)
- EditionUnique work
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
“De- and re-constructing an Ode to Modernism”. Dominique examines the underlying values implied by hegemonic applications of geometry in a de-constructivist Ode to Modernism that is equal parts critique and homage.