About this work
The “Prohibited “series are part of the “Berkendael series”. These series were made after weekly meetings with women at Berkendael prison, one of the few prisons exclusively for woman, situated in Brussels, Belgium. Through three years of running a painting workshop there, Celine Cuvelier had the opportunity to collect many unusual testimonies and stories. These series depict the objects confiscated from prisoners. Everyday, often harmless objects, that once prohibited, take on a new symbolic dimension for these women.
- MediumWatercolor on paper
- Dimensions40 cm (H) x 30 cm (W) (framed)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
“Journeys to the edges tell our real story”. At the heart of Céline’s Cuvelier artistic practice are minority journeys that are embodied by individuals living at the margins of society, and which reveal the hidden face of our society.