Nr 455/2015 Brique.Bleu
About this work
The title of the work begins with a chronological number referring to the date of the discovery of the original object. Each work is manually enlarged by a scaling calculation on paper by the artist. The colors on each object are created by the artist and painted directly on the object. Each work is therefore the result of a lengthy and labor intensive artistic process. By reproducing manually each piece of paper on a larger scale with identical but more striking colors, the artist succeeds in uncovering the – otherwise invisible – beauty and magic of otherwise considered as hideous, banal and useless pieces of discarded waste.
- MediumLaque on vinyl, plastic and wood
- Dimensions75 cm (h) x 20,7 cm (w) x 8 cm (d)
- EditionUnique piece
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
“Alice Janne, archeologist from the present.” Alice Janne gets her artistic inspiration from scaling into a bigger size the original dimensions and colors of small objects and pieces of paper she finds in the streets.