La naissance d’une île 1 & 2 (diptych)
About this work
This lithograph was edited by the publishing house Editions Bruno Robbe in a limited edition of 20 copies.
“La naissance d’une île” is a diptych representing the eruption of the Surtsey volcano, off the coast of Iceland in 1963. I drew it as a portrait of my parents, born that same year.
20 in stock
- MediumWatercolor lithograph and stencil
- Dimensions70 cm (H) x 50 cm (W) (x2)
- AuthentificationSigned by the artist on the front bottom right
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
Raphaël Decoster is a visual artist born in Roubaux (FR) in 1988. He obtained in 2010 his Master in visual arts at the Académie des Beaux Arts in Tournai (BE) before completing a specialized degree in lithography at the University of Helsinki (FI) and Antwerp (BE) in 2012. Raphael Decoster lives and work currently in Tournai (Belgium) where he develops his artistic practice around lithography, installations, video and music.