About this work
Drawing part of the Pygmalien series which questions the microcosm of the living model workshop. In the workshop, the living model resides at its center and is more than an exercise in drawing. He opens the parenthesis of the simulacrum, the phantasm, the intimate and the staging. The artist wanted to tell a story around this unique place, in principle reserved for artists and which reveals some links with Ovid’s Myth of Pygmalion.
1 in stock
- Mediumwatercolor “Blockx”, colored pencils “Faber-Castell”, charcoal “Coats”, graphite “Faber-Castell” and glue “Lineco” neutral ph on drawing paper “Fabriano” white satin grain of 220g / m², Protection: Fixative HC10 “Sennelier”
- Dimensions42 cm (h) x 52,7 cm (w) inclusive frame
- Framedframed under UV protected glass
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
“Drawing is a place which retraces encounters, past memories and present gestures”. Laurent Dumortier’s artistic work comes to life around the figurative drawing where memories of a place mingle with the gestures of the present.