About this work
This work was made on the occasion of the exhibition “Le Grand Tour” held at the Museum of Contemporary Arts – MAC’s of Grand-Hornu in 2008. Here Bustamante continues his Panoramas series, whose starting point is not photography, but a drawing realized spontaneously with colored felts. The contours of the Cotopaxi, the highest active volcano in Ecuador, with the shape of a perfect cone, which was then photographed and mechanically translated via the technique of lithography. Composed of superimposed layers of monochrome flat surfaces, this Panorama reveals an immaterial and lived experience of transparency and color.
2 in stock
- MediumLithography on Rives paper
- Dimensions57 cm (H) x 100 cm (L)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
Jean Marc Bustamante
Jean-Marc Bustamante (1952) is een Franse kunstenaar, schilder, beeldhouwer en fotograaf. Hij is bekend als een conceptueel kunstenaar en verwerkt vaak design ontwerpen en architecturele vormen in zijn werken.