BMW 525 I la préférée de Jacky
About this work
The work is part of a series of drawings called “Shéma representing me“. Here the artists represents himself as driving his favorite car, purchased with his handsome income as a successful artist. He tries to pick up the pieces that the accident shattered around him. Through art everything can be assembled, gathered and ordered: the drawing forms the framework of a “perfect” existence. Dominique Théâte has created a plan, a diagram, a simplified and functional representation of an object, movement or process. A simple, functional schema. An equation to say, “I live”. (text after Christian Berst).
- MediumBallpoint pen on paper
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
With a body dislocated by a fragmented existence, Dominique Théâte’s drawings represent a delicate balance between dreams and reality. His work is filled with symbols of financial and social success in a hyperbolic perfection.