About this work
Panoramas consists of a series of works initiated in 2010 using an experimental process. The works originate from the unexpected discovery of a set of images from a mysterious provenance, altered by water and washed up on a shore of the North Sea in 2008. This amazing discovery of photographic objects oscillating between representation and abstraction was a decisive starting point for the creation of the series.
The first step was to collect analog color photographs such as family photos, without establishing a hierarchy or special categorization. The images were then dissolved by oxidation and their colored substance is removed and then deposited like paint on a wooden support coated with “stucco”.
The stucco technique and the ‘a fresco’ process refer to the Italian frescoes of the quattrocento and the painters of the time who used this process for the sake of conservation and longevity.
Like blocks of nebulous memories with cloudy and indefinite surfaces, these works of art are meditative and poetic explorations of memory.
- MediumPigment color extracts photos, “stucco”, wood
- Dimensions68 cm (h) x 68 cm (w)
- AuthentificationAuthentification certificate signed by the artist
- Return policyWithin 14 days after delivery
- Shipping modalitiesWithin 5-10 business days from Brussels (Belgium)
- PaymentEligible for interest free loan offered by Kunst Aan Zet
Other people also liked these works